Thursday, July 07, 2005

Scat, soul, & jazz -- all wrapped up in one beautiful package

When I first saw Nadine Goellner, she was walking across the fields of the Yorktown Battlefield with her guitar in a case and strapped to her back. She'd parked about as far away from the Rally site as possible. I wondered how I'd missed her (I was parking cars), and then I realized that when she drove in she looked as if she knew what she was doing: she asked no questions; she was here on a mission. And, indeed, she was.

Her unique acoustic-driven blend of scat, soul, and jazz won me over. She is the consummate musician, and she looked to be at home on our stage at the Rally. I get the sense she'd be at home anywhere acoustic music is held in esteem.

I shouldn't be surprised that Nadine volunteered to play at the Rally for Social Justice. Nadine is a proud volunteer for NYC-based charity, Musicians on Call. Musicians on Call are a wonderful organization helping thousands of people in New York City area hospitals through the healing power of music. Nadine is a woman with a huge heart who understands the positive power of music; her contribution was well received by all.

PLEASE NOTE: This photograph is Copyright (c) 2005 by Cathy Dixson and is used here by permission. This photograph may not be used further without the written permission of Cathy Dixson. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home